Writing Wednesdays: A Writer’s Gratitude List
I am grateful for:
1) The gift of words and the powerful effect they can have on others, especially when used for the good.
2) The many writing mentors I’ve had throughout my life, including my father, sister, English teachers and all those who have come into my life intent on sharing their zeal for the written word and helped me learn the art of forming “word pictures.”
3) My five children, who provide a constant source of energy that oftentimes translates into column or blog post or story idea and bring meaning to my writing life.
4) My husband, who has had to put up with my late-night-writing schedule more often than is fair and still lets me know from time to time that he really does admire what I do.
5) My lovely writer friends, who are there through the rejections and acceptances alike.
6) Those who read and appreciate my work — it wouldn’t be nearly as enjoyable without you.
7) The writing tools that make it possible to record thoughts: computer, paper and pen, a fresh pot of coffee, etc.
8) The many great books I’ve been privileged to read that have provided colorful inspiration.
9) My mother and mother-in-law, who have always and consistently encouraged and supported my writing efforts.
10) Food and a warm house that allow me daily to be able to ponder more than just what I will eat or where I will sleep.
11) God, for the creative works all around that infuse my thoughts and writing with new life.