1) Pair of black shoes belonging to a 13-year-old boy.
2) Spiderman backpack belonging to a 6-year-old boy.
3) Misplaced milk-carton art project (lefthand corner).
4) Entryway rug.
5) Jackets of 8-year-old girl and 6-year-old boy on floor.
6) Jacket of 13-year-old boy hanging from banister.
7) Wet-vac from when I cleaned the entryway floor a week ago.
8) Pinwheel that kept our 3-year-old mesmerized for an hour before we went to pick up the school kids.
9) Oh yeah, and also, said 3-year-old himself, who, after being carried into the house from his carseat, took one step on solid ground, looked at the pile of coats below him, and decided to finish his nap right there at the bottom of the stairs.
If only I could feel free enough to join him.
Now, about the mess in our entryway…I suppose we should do something about that. It’ll have to wait until naptime is over. In the meantime, we are all carefully jumping over our little guy, trying not to disturb his midday dreaming.